Challenges and Opportunities for the Children’s and YA Market
Podcast episode: 102
Lucy Derges, MA Publishing
In October 2022, MA Publishing student Lucy Derges travelled to the Frankfurt Book Fair to investigate the current health of the children’s and young adult market, the coming global challenges it could face and how incorporating diversity, equality and inclusion though requiring additional investment offers opportunity.
If you prefer you can download mp3 version here
Global forces such as paper shortages and the energy crisis coupled with demand for greater sustainability and accessibility will put pressure on the efficiency of supply workflows and print production and for an industry sector that is highly reliant on print revenues. As the global cost of living begins to bite, surely digital sales, with cheaper, more adaptable production and accessible price points, is the way forward?
- Music from Uppbeat (free for Creators!) - License code: 1DQKTFKNWJHXNZDP
- The UK Publisher’s Association
- The Federation of European Publishers
- The World Intellectual Property Organisation
- The European Accessibility Act and Publishing
- Inclusive Publishing